Durham Divas are the cheer, dance and stunt squad representing Durham University.
The Divas enter regional and national competitions and provide support for Durham University sports teams, in particular the Durham University American Footballers, The Saints, with whom the Divas share a close relationship, not only supporting them at games but often joining together with them to socialise. The Saints also occasionally return the support by attending competitions to cheer on the Divas.
The Durham Diva’s are comprised of two teams’ Varsity and Junior Varsity.
- A maximum of 30 people will regularly compete against other university and all-star cheerleading teams at regional and national levels.
- Competitions involve team members performing a 2.5 minute routine to showcase our best stunts, pyramids, gymnastic skills, jumps and dance routines. We also compete in pom dance, group stunt and solo competitions.
- You have to try-out to be on this team.
- Provide support for the university sports teams and enjoy strong links with Durham Wildcats Basketball and Durham Saints American Football. Learn cheers, stunts and a half-time routine.
- ANYONE CAN JOIN AT ANYTIME, come along to training
- Members selected throughout the year to join the Varsity squad.
You must be a student at Durham University to join the squad, but members of any college are eligible to join. The Squad is also CO-ED, so males are welcome if you are interested.
NO EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY to join either the Junior Varsity or the Varsity Squad- all we ask for is enthusiasm and willingness to work hard.
Tryouts for the Varsity team happen within the first few weeks of October (see the tryouts page for more information).
If you would like to know more about the team, visit our website, or contact our Captain for 2012/13- Katherine Jacks (email@example.com).