Team Durham Environment Policy
Experience Durham is committed to supporting the University’s mission to reduce its environmental impact and adheres to the University's policies and procedures relating to the Environment.
Experience Durham works in collaboration with Greenspace, the University’s Environment Office, and we have a nominated member of staff who is the Environment Champion. Furthermore, energy and environmental management is considered by our Facilities Manager and Duty Managers.
Experience Durham has developed an Eco-Code which we strive to follow:
Experience Durham Eco-Code
Experience Durham follows the principles of "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle".
- Water, gas and electricity use is monitored and we encourage everyone to reduce their consumption by turning off lights, electrical appliances and computers when not in use.
- We have ‘Switch it off’ policies in place for our external lighting facilities, and we engage with the Greenspace ‘Beat the Baseload’ campaign.
- We work in collaboration with Estates and Buildings to identify significant energy savings and improved energy management systems within our facilities.
- We provide bins for rubbish and recycling and encourage people to use them.
- Experience Durham tries whenever possible to use locally sourced and ethically produced goods and we support campaigns such as Fairtrade Fortnight.
- We keep all Experience Durham facilities litter free.
- All members of Experience Durham and visitors alike are encouraged, where possible, to use more environmentally friendly modes of transport, for example by car sharing, using public transport, and to walk whenever they can.