Durham is extremely proud of its Collegiate Sport structure and a participation rate of 90% is proof that Durham’s intra mural programme is one of the best in the world. College Sport plays a huge part in College life, and it is certainly worth being part of.
Please direct any college sport queeries to the College Sport Manager, Tom Newman: firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2013/14 the College Sport Programme will include:
1. Over 6000 students taking part in over 5,500 fixtures.
2. Weekly programmes running in the following sports:
- Badminton - Men's and Women's
- Basketball - Men's and Women's
- Cricket (Indoor and Outdoor) - Men's
- Football (11 aside and 6 aside Astro) - Men's and Women's
- Hockey - Men's and Women's
- Lacrosse - Mixed
- Netball - Women's
- Rugby Union - Men's and Women's
- Squash - Men's and Women's
- Tennis - Mixed
- Ultimate Frisbee - Mixed
3. Weekend or one off events will run in the following disciplines:
- Athletics -Mixed
- Golf - Mixed
- Swimming - Mixed
- Table Tennis - Women's
- Volleyball - Mixed
- Waterpolo - Mixed
4. Over 150 students will be funded through coaching and officiating courses which will directly impact upon the quality and self sustainability of the College Sport programme.
5. Between five and ten hours worth of coaching support will be offered to College sides on a weekly basis in the following sports:
6. Each College Principal will be provided with a main point of contact from within the Sport Department Senior Management Group, thus providing them with a platform to discuss all aspects relating to Durham University Sport on frequent basis.
7. College Sport Officers will meet once every three weeks during all three terms with the Team Durham President and Senior College Sport Officer, to discuss operational issues and the long term development of the College Sport programme.
8. The College Festival of Sport will take place in June 2014. Over 3000 students take part in 16 sports all in one day all in one place.
9. Every College with a gym will receive support in the management of their facility from qualified professionals within the Sports Department.
10. The College Sport Performance Table will be updated on a monthly basis throughout the year. All sports involved in the College Festival of Sport will carry ‘Trophy Knockout’ or 'Individual Event' points depending upon the nature of the sport. More information