DURHAM'S COMMITMENT TO CLEAN SPORT
Our students represent the next generation of elite sportspeople, future coaches, and the leaders of tomorrow. Embedding the right attitudes now will support the next generation of athletes too. We have an essential role in promoting sport and healthy lifestyles, and we are committed to providing our athletes with the necessary tools to support our 100% commitment to clean sport.
KEY PRINCIPLES – PRIDE, LEADERSHIP & COMMITMENT
- At Durham, we are PROUD of the achievements that our athletes and team attain.
- Our students will go on to LEAD both within the sporting world, and within the business world. Ensuring all parties are aware of the current anti-doping information is essential.
- Team Durham are wholly COMMITTED to clean (doping free) sport, continuing to adopt the UK National Anti-Doping Policy.
Students and all campus users are informed about anti-doping and the actions to take to avoid making the wrong decision, as well as further promotion of the importance of a ‘healthy body’. This will reinforce clean sport messages to the student body, and also will be visible to visitors on campus to demonstrate the University’s unequivocal commitment to anti-doping.
EDUCATION – THE BEST FORM OF PREVENTION
The University demonstrates its unequivocal commitment to ‘Clean Sport’ by continually using educating as the best form of prevention. Durham University supports the 100% me campaign which is about being successful, confident and retaining the values of clean, fair competition. We do this by encouraging all student athletes to embrace the 5 key values of 100% me, which are:
1. Hard work 2. Determination 3. Passion 4. Respect 5. Integrity
If you would like further information about our anti-doping programme then please see your coach.
Further information on the 100% ME programme can be found on the 100% ME website as follows: http://www.ukad.org.uk/athletes/100percentme
You can also Join 100% me on:
- Anti-Doping Information 2015 (last modified: 8 January 2015)