Durham is a truly world class institution. We are ranked 34th in the World for ‘student employability’ and are now 78th in the overall world rankings (QS World Rankings). 95% of our MA or MSc programmes are delivered in one year and not two years.
Durham University is extremely proud of it's reputation as the university that enables you to combine sporting and academic excellence. Our outstanding range of sports scholarships are awarded annually and are targeted to support high level NCAA or international athletes. In 2017/18 we won 14 national championships across all sports.
We are going into our tenth year of recruiting postgraduate overseas student athletes. We remain the only university in Britain to be offering such a vast programme for overseas students. In 2009/10 we had 18 overseas scholars across the sports of men’s basketball and men’s and women’s lacrosse. The programme has continued to grow and now we have over 100 scholars in a variety of sports.
We are looking for people that want to keep playing their sport at a high standard for another year and have a strong drive to win a national championship. Crucially, we want people that are keen to help develop their sport in a country where university sport and student participation is still growing.
All applications are considered on a case by case basis. There is NO 4 year eligibility requirment. In order to be eligible you must:
- Compete in sport at a high level (regional, national and international levels).
- Home, EU and international students are all eligible for a sport scholarship at Durham University
- As long as you are a student, you can compete for the university for as many years as you want.
- In order to be eligible for a sport scholarship you must also successfully achieve a position on one of our leading postgraduate courses at Durham University.
Durham University is Britain’s number one team sport university and is ranked second in Britain overall – a position we have held for the past 6 seasons. We offer one of the most competitive and attractive scholarship available at UK universities.
Scholarships are awarded on a case by case basis. Scholarships are available and range from £6000 - £9000. Other benefits include:
- Study a postgraduate degree at one of the UK’s leading academic universities.
- Compete athletically for Durham University.
- Academic and athlete monitoring
- Strength and Conditioning
- Access to Sports Physiotherapy
- Access to Sport Psychology workshops and 1 to 1 support.
- Sports video analysis
- Nutrition Advice and support
- Anti-doping advice
* Candidates can access Federal Aid from the US loans system and student Finances from the UK Student Loans System.